Safeguarding at CVPA
At Chepping View Primary Academy, we take the safety and welfare of our pupils very seriously. Safeguarding is paramount and we maintain a safeguarding culture. Staff are expected to be 'professionally curious' in order to protect pupils.
Please see our Safeguarding Statement.
Report a Concern About a Child
If you have a serious concern about a child, call Bucks First Response- 01296 383962
You can also contact one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads listed below.
Safeguarding at Chepping View
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are:
- Mrs V Morris- Leadership responsibility
- Mrs K Elliott
- Mrs T Tadgell
- Mrs P Grewal inc Looked After Children
- Mrs T Fakih (during WAC hours)
Our Safeguarding Trustee is Mr Steve Moore.
We follow the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education and update our Child Protection Policy whenever there are any changes (at a minimum annually). This can be found on our Policies page. We also follow the requirements for Safer Recruitment of staff. 4 members of staff and two Trustees are trained in Safer Recruitment.
Please visit our Online Safety page for information about online safety.
Safeguarding Information for Parents
- My Body, My Space- a resource and parent guide created by IFPT for their schools.
- Information about child abuse from the NSPCC
- Information about Child Sexual Exploitation from the Metropolitan Police
- Information about County Lines from The Children's Society
- Information about Female Genital Mutilation from the NHS
- Information about Radicalisation for parents from Educate Against Hate
- Information about the Prevent Strategy from Bucks CC
- Information about keeping children safe online from the UK Council for Internet Safety
- Parent information about online child sexual exploitation
- Parent guide to TikTok
- Parent Guide to Roblox
- Parent Guide to Minecraft
- Parent Guide to Fortnite
Monitoring and Filtering of the academy internet is an important part of safeguarding our pupils. Our filtering and monitoring system is Quantum (by Exa). This filtering covers all of the DfE requirements:
- Quantum (Exa) is a member of Internet Watch Foundation (IWF)
- They have signed up to Counter-Terrorism Internet Referral Unit list (CTIRU)
- They block access to illegal content including child sexual abuse material (CSAM).
- Our filtering system is operational, up to date and applied to all: users, including guest accounts and all school owned devices.
The DSLs have live access to reports on the content which has been accessed, searched and blocked, in order to make safeguarding decisions. This is checked regularly.